Goal: equal mix of US and Brazilian students, studying, living, travelling together; with shared instruction by US and Brazilian faculty (in English).
Result: new perspectives on water resources engineering study and practice, meaningful cross-cultural experience, a glimpse of Brazil, new friends, new places -- and 6 credits towards graduation!
· Faculty-led program (Dr. Conrad Heatwole email@example.com)
· Instruction in English
· 6 credits satisfy BSE degree requirements:
· BSE 4304 Nonpoint source modeling and management (3cr)
· BSE 4984 Water Resources Engineering and Watershed Management
· Partnership with 3 Brazilian schools and Univ of Florida
· Course work, field work
· Weekend trips for technical, cultural, and environmental learning
· Travel highlights: visit three states – Rio Grande do Sul, Espirito Santo, Minas Gerais
· $1000 Scholarship for 2012 for Virginia Tech BSE students – (Pratt Foundation)
** Apply by March 5 to be considered for $1000 Pratt scholarship (8 avail.) **
Information sheet (pdf)
Information with photos (pdf)
A bilateral exchange program with partner universities offers the opportunity for students to study in Brazil for a full semester. Courses are selected based on your interests and needed subjects. The goal is to have the study-abroad experience and not extend time to graduate.
This option is suitable for any engineering focus.
** $3800 FIPSE Fellowships available for Fall2012 and Spr2013 **
Please see Dr. Heatwole (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible to review your courses and goals and decide on the best semester for you to study in Brazil.