Although I do not have an explicit extension appointment, I have developed a strong collaboration with Dr. Brian Benham's Virginia Household Water Quality Program (VAHWQP), which seeks to provide low cost water quality testing and education on household system maintenance to Virginian families reliant on private drinking water supplies (i.e. wells, springs, and cisterns). Through this programming, homeowners with chronic water quality problems and few financial resources are introduced to the Southeast Rural Community Assistance Project (SERCAP) which provides technical assistance, grants, and low interest loans to Virginian families to improve on-site water and wastewater systems.
- Senior Faculty Fellow, Honors Residential College, Virginia Tech, Virginia Tech, 2011-present
- Lab Instructor, Virginia Tech Imagine Camp for Middle Schoolers Lab (CEED Program), 2010-present
- SAFE Zone Certified, Virginia Tech, 2012-present
- Mentor, MAOP Summer Scholar Program, 2012
- Faculty Advisor, Alpha Epsilon (Honor Society for Biological and Agricultural Engineers), Virginia Tech, 2010-present
- Mentor, McNair Summer Scholar Program, 2011